Thursday, August 27, 2009

20 Question with DJ Longshanks

In our critically acclaimed 20 questions series we are taking some time to introduce you to the inner workings of some very interesting people who call lab their home. This week we interview super DJ Chris Longshanks. This local titan of the music scene has done it all behind the ones and twos including holding down a residency @ LuckyBar, editing music content for Metropolitan magazine, and working the counter at Ditch records. He's also responsible for the great music you hear at lab. This is what makes him tick.  


Who are you ?

Chris Long aka Longshanks aka LongShanksProducts aka LSP 


What are you most well known for ?

I suppose DJing. I DJ SOLID! @ LuckyBar every Saturday night.


What is your must have item ?

Er.......my wife to be ? 


Who is your favorite band right now ?

A tie between The Bad Plus, Tortoise, J Dilla and Nick Cave. They're all duking it out on my iPod right now. It's a pretty heated battle.


What are you most embarrassed by ?

Playing MSTRKRFT or Thunderheist on a Saturday night - OUCH!


What is your worst date ever ?

pass


Is winning the lottery a blessing or a curse? What would you buy first ?

I'm a blue collar guy but hey, if you insist, I'll take the winnings. I would buy JR a new larger location for Ditch Records&CD's. Then I'd buy my lady a house and a small dog that would make her go " awww you" every time she saw it. Then I would splurge on crazy expensive Aphex Twin records on EBay..........would the madness ever end?


What is your act of green ?

I bus to work a lot and my lady and I started a compost this year. Let me tell you - it is fun


What was your best halloween costume ever ?

I.
DO.
NOT.
DO.
HALLOWEEN.


What is your fashion accessory of choice ?

Hmmm... horrible half grown chin stubble accompanied by a rotating cast of several very similar button up plaid shirts.


Where is your home away from home ?

The counter at ditch records, where I can be found often, likely babbling about the merits of Techno.


What is your daily ritual ?

Habit coffee. Things can potentially go awry if  this does not happen.


What is your guilty Pleasure ?

There are no guilty pleasures in the age of ironic irony. So I'll go with Human League. Oh and Drumsticks ice cream cones - They're the bomb.


Camping or Glamping ?

Despite not knowing what the f#*k " Glamping" is, I will go with it, cos if there's something I hate in the world, it's camping.


What did you want to be when you grew up ?

A member of the Wu-Tang Clan. The bad white Canadian that protects his neck!


Who is your hero ?

Another tie...  Don Draper / Gregory House 


Boxers or Briefs ?

Neither - Commando! .......... Psych.... briefs silly.


Cat person or dog person?

Dog person. I'm pretty much anti-cat. Those creatures are sinister.


The last book you read ?

This Is Your Brain On Music by Daniel Levitin & Charles Mingus' autobiography Beneath The Underdog


Who cuts your hair ?

Juana's Addictionne... aka  Jane Motherf$#@ing Constable.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment