Friday, July 31, 2009

20 Questions with Mandy Brossard



How long have you worked at lab?

Just started. I love it here.


How long have you been doing hair?

8 years

Who is your favorite band right now?

I don't really have one favorite band, but my favorite album to listen to from start to finish is Grizzly Bear's Veckatimest and my favorite band to see live is Dirty Projectors ( they are amazing).


Where do you hang out when you aren't at lab?

The forest


What is your must have item?

My teapot. I can't live without a good old brown betty teapot.


What are you most embarrassed by?

Situations where I am forced to be the center of attention. I hate them and avoid them like the plague.


If I wasn't the world's greatest hairdresser I would be....?

I would have a farm where I grow and sell my own produce, and  my own art studio where i could work on my projects and sell them in small sunday markets.


Is winning the lottery a blessing or a curse?

It's a curse, definitely...................4,8,15,16,32,42.........

 
What was your worst date ever?

In my opinion all first dates are the worst dates. That has to be the most unnatural situation to put yourself in.


What is your act of green?

I don't know how to drive so I'm green by default since I commute to work, but, I eat locally grown produce as much as possible and I recycle so there is still some effort put in.


What was your best halloween costume ever?

Definitely when I dressed as Cyndi Lauper.  I got one of those cheap Value Village wigs and cut and dyed it with food coloring. It looked amazing.


What is your fashion accessory of choice?

An amazing pair of worn in boots


How many cats makes you a "crazy cat lady"?

Apparently just one, cause I have been called a crazy cat lady before.


What is your guilty pleasure

Thrifty's seven layer dip, it was high on my list of reasons to move back to the island.


Camping or Glamping?

Definitely camping. I am not organized enough for glamping.


What did you want to be when you grew up?

A surgeon, but I realized that cutting peoples hair was less invasive.


Who is your hero?

Danny McBride from east bound and down. He is hilarious and that show is amazing!


Boxers or briefs?

I prefer a happy medium..........the boxer brief


Cat person or dog person?

I've always been considered a cat person, but i've recently been converted to the other side. I am a dog person now.


Last book you read?

"Dead Until Dark" by Charlaine Harris. It's the first book in the series that true blood (HBO series) is based on. It was pretty good, a lot like the series, do one or the other.



Mandy Brossard is the newest edition to the lab team and has joined us after a 6 year stint as a creative director for Pink Lime in Yaletown.

Wanna get your haircut by Mandy?

No comments:

Post a Comment