Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Where the heck is Matty?


The most common question we hear at Lab these days: "Where is Lab's fearless leader?" The answer: everywhere... he's been everywhere.

This season, Matty was named to the "Essential Looks Artistic Team " for Schwarzkopf professional, a team made up of 10 of their best stylists from across Canada. This means that Matty spends many of his weekends travelling and teaching hairdressers at salons around the country the latest and greatest in hair design. He has also ended up on stage in front of hundreds of hairdressers in Vancouver and Calgary.

As if this wasn't enough to keep our resident workaholic busy, he has also been involved in forming the ASK Business academy in Toronto (also a Schwarzkopf project). He has worked alongside some of the biggest names in salon business, helping to develop seminars for salons and salon owners to better improve our industry across the board.

I know it's been hard to book with him but we promise he does still work here...

Here are a few photos from his travels:



"Toronto has become my home away from home. I have travelled here about ten times in the last 18 months. It's kind of surreal when the people who work at your favourite restaurant in a city you don't live in remember your name."


"This is my dear friend Celidh Costello. You might recognize her from superstar hairdresser challenge... she's kind of a big deal. We've managed to stay in touch since her early days as an assistant in Victoria. She lives in Toronto now as a member of the Marc Anthony Artistic team. We are hair nerds together, big time!"

"I love a restaurant on church street called Guu. In my opinion it has the best japanese cuisine anywhere on the planet and I am regularly the only white person in there. Which means I feel like a giant every time I go."


"The Ask Business academy is launching this fall for Schwarzkopf professional and they have enlisted my help as a kind of consultant/seminar speaker. Very interesting stuff that has been put together by industry legend Antony Whittaker. This guy is the real deal and personally knows everyone that's important in hair ."

"He had however never met my friend Tim Horton. We introduced him."


" Anyone who knows me knows that I hate line-ups which means that I hate Pearson Airport and WestJet (which you can see at the end of this 500 person line). Next stop Hairapalooza, Vancouver."

No comments:

Post a Comment