Tuesday, October 13, 2009

20 questions with Chris Vickers



One of our nearest and dearest is local wonderkid Christopher Vickers. This virtual one man vaudeville act has become somewhat of an icon in the local improv scene as Remillio Sheen. Many of us first met Chris when he MC'd a fashion show for us last year. His stunning rendition of Elton John's "Rocket Man" left the crowd with gaping jaws and cemented his place in our hearts. Here is what makes him tick.


Who Are you?
Victoria's favorite lil' tramp, Christopher Vickers.

What are you most well known for?

Well, hopefully my acting or writing (Remilio Sheen and his Improv, a plethora of short films where I'm usually playing a street urchin, theatre once upon a time, music reviews for the Metropolitan or the new Rifflandia magazine.) More likely, people know me for my night moves (taking off my pants at Lucky, hitting on your cousin, dance fighting your uncle, etc.)



What is your must have item?


My man purse. Nothing fits in the tiny, tiny pockets of skinny, skinny jeans.



Who is your favorite band right now?


I don't know about favorite bands, but I'm listening to a lot of Bowie right now. Can't get enough of the newest Animal Collective and Grizzly Bear. Mr. Long made a fine case for the new Dirty Projectors album - it's lovely. Oh, Beach House playing Rifflandia is a total boner.



What are you most embarrassed by?


Maybe the fact that my body is slowly becoming like the lovable Muppet, Grover's. (I'm biting that from John Ohrn.)



What was your worst date ever?


Um, pass. (OR... if anyone wants to tell me about their worst date with me - feel free.



Is winning the lottery a blessing or a curse?


I like free money. That husky fellow on Lost doesn't know anything. Let's go with blessing. First thing, house for my parents.




What is your act of green?


I serve at Mo:Le restaurant. We're all ups on local and organic food.



What is your best halloween costume ever?


My best idea is going all the way with a Hulk Hogan costume. I'm talking growing my hair long, weird goatee, bleaching every hair on my face, and shaving a bald spot. Figure-four leg locks all night!



What is your fashion accessory of choice?


Whatever pair of sneakers I've most recently purchased. Right now those funny Van's boat shoes.



Where is your home away from home?


Venice. Ah, the canals



What is your daily ritual?


Smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo



What is your guilty pleasure?


I've absolved my guilt. It's a bummer. That said, I should probably quit living like I'm 19 because this old dog is almost 30.



Camping or glamping?


I wish! I haven't left the downtown core since Hammer-pants were hot.




What did you want to be when you grew up?


Paleontologist - big time! Favorite thunder lizard, you ask? Ankylosaurus!




Who is your hero?


Peter Sellers is tied with Batman



Boxers or briefs?


Briefs. I like em teeny and toasty



Cat person or dog person?


Kitties. My cat Bran Muffin was the greatest feline ever.



Last book you read?


Remainder by Tom McCarthy.



Who cuts your hair?


I'm stylist cheating on the wonderful Ashley Dusseault with the also wonderful Maia Simpson. They are both hair geniuses.





1 comment: